This was one of our most popular dishes at Kind Living Cafe
If you are new to a Plant Based Diet, or just like playing with new recipes, this ones simple, so delicious and can impress even the most committed Carnivore!
This is a great recipe for Meat free Mondays!!
Scroll down for the complete recipe….
- 2 cups finely grated cabbage
- 2 cups finely grated cauliflower
- 1½ cups besan flour (chickpea flour)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ginger fresh
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon chilli
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 10 tomatoes blended chunky
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- ½ teaspoon asefitida
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon raw organic sugar, (this is optional and can be left out)
- Place in large bowl and mix thoroughly. form into approx 20 balls and lightly fry in coconut oil. Place in oven set to 180 degrees to complete the cooking process. (approx 15 minutes)
- While the Koftas are cooking in the oven. make the sauce
- lightly fry spices for 2 minutes then add tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes
- The Koftas will take approx. 15 minutes in the oven, so the sauce and the Koftas should be ready at the same time....
- Serve with a lovely fresh salad and chipotle sauce