This recipe is a surprisingly delightful treat. You get the best of both worlds with this one.
The lovely nutty flavor of the rice and a feeling of a cooked meal, but by keeping the finely chopped veggies raw, you maintain all the goodness of raw. If you are interested in finding out more about the value of Raw Food in your diet, here’s a great site!
Super quick to make and will please just about everyone, even the fussy eaters.
Try the Sushi Grain bowl as a Healthy alternative to fried rice.
You can even try Quinoa as an alternative grain to rice.
Check out the full recipe below…
- 2 cups long grain organic brown rice
- ½ cup finely chopped kale (or spinach)
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, finely chopped
- 4 snow peas, chopped finely
- ¼ cup fresh peas, (or defrosted frozen ones)
- ¼ cup tamari
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅛ cup ginger juice
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- Mix together thoroughly and set aside
- Cook rice, rinse and strain and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir vegetables through and add sauce to taste…mix thoroughly and serve in bowls.
- Add chopped avocado and more shallots on top and serve. The veggies will soften slightly with the heat of the rice, but no nutrient damage will occur as the rice won’t be hot enough to cause cooking…